Viral Hepatitis C (HCV)
Hepatitis C (HCV) infection is the most common chronic blood borne infection in the United States and according to the CDC is now killing more people than HIV.
HCV Rapid Testing
ACR Health offers rapid HCV testing that delivers preliminary results in twenty minutes. The OraQuick® HCV Rapid Antibody Test uses a drop of blood from a finger stick.
Am I at risk of contracting HCV?
- Were born from 1945 through 1965
- Have ever used a syringe to inject drugs, even if once and long ago
- Have ever shared injection equipment (e.g. cottons, water, cookers) with other users
- Had a blood transfusion or organ transplant before 1992
- Have tattoos or body piercings in non-regulated settings
- Have HIV infection
- Had contact with hepatitis-C positive blood
- Have ever snorted drugs or shared equipment
- Have liver disease or abnormal liver function test
- Have had a sexual partner with Hepatitis C, now or in the past
- Are a Vietnam-era Veteran
- Have hemophilia and received clotting factor before 1987
- Have had 10 or more sexual partners